Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Dellissa's World: Penetration - A Semi-Erotic JRPG!

Jake was just a typical young man in the Sex Mage World, cock teased daily and struggling to relieve his aching blue balls. But one morning, after being coerced into pulling a prank on his neighbor, Jake discovers a mysterious hole in the ground. Stepping through immediately plunges him into a nightmarish look at the true nature of his reality, and what happens when that reality is disturbed by an alien force.

"Penetration" is similar in tone and style to my more straight forward adventure plots. As with the Jahi's Invasion and Civero setting, the eroticism forms the backdrop for a tale about the struggle to survive in the face of supernatural threats. The story does expect you to be somewhat familiar with the Sex Mage World concept before hand, but you don't really need to know much more than the premise. The game is short, only about two hours to play through, and at least half of that is dialogue cutscenes. The battle system is pretty basic and stripped down, but does have some minor strategy to it.

I would say this was definitely an interesting experiment. I'm not sure if it will really appeal to most of my readers, but if you do really enjoy it, please consider supporting my efforts via purchasing one of my ebooks!

Now, onto the next wacky project!

To use the game, just download the .zip file, open it, and place the folder wherever. Then just click on the executable in the folder, no need to install it. The instruction manual is in the folder, so read that first if you're not familiar with how to play RPG Maker Games.


UPDATE: I have shifted everything to a Google Drive folder, for easier downloading. This link includes the Windows version of the game packed into a .zip file, a video playthrough for those who can't play the game, and a long rambling audio commentary I made on the game.


And if you like the game enough to want to pay me a tip, consider purchasing on itch.iohttps://salamando.itch.io/dellissas-world-penetration

13 comments:

  1. Wow, wow and wow!:) Good work! Simple but funny. Thank you very, very mutch! How long did you make this game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It took me about 10 to 11 days of working on it almost non-stop. If I wasn't at work or asleep, I was making the game.

      Delete
  2. I just finished it it was pretty fun and made me laugh, and I like that you added that genie to give you Final Climax so you could get to the story parts faster. If I had a critique it would be that final fantasy victory fanfare music should have played after you won the battles lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haxxor, Shopp Katt, and the Necromaster are actually all from a previous game project I did. Haxxor in particular was supposed to be this running joke where he'd appear in every game I made as a built-in cheat code, yet I never made any more games after that first project, until now. Of course, you don't have levels in the game, so go figure.

      I'm glad the humor in the game worked, but I also hope people enjoyed the dramatic elements of the story, ludicrous as the situation was.

      I know your joking about the music, but it's something to note: I'm actually not a big fan of music in games any more. There's still some great game music out there, but these days I usually mute games or turn the music off so I can listen to something else while I play. I'd have preferred to just have ambient background sounds, but couldn't find any I liked, other than the Cave background noise which I spliced together, hence the lack of music. Also, any sort of victory music would have killed the theme of using sex noises for the combat sequences; the orgasmic grunts fit better, I think. Although, that said, given the limitations of sound selections in the Maker program, you probably noticed Crotia grunts like a man, and the Necromaster grunts like a woman. Make of that what you will, I suppose. >_>

      Delete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHx5hCVN26E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to make a game too. After seeing this I got some ideas, but I must know how did you change the time of day and make it look like there was light coming form the windows. Also you forgot to put the "delete event" command after grabbing the panties from the dryer because it will activate if you click on it a second time. I like this format tho, even if its a linear story it makes me feel like I am a part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guh, I was bound to end up missing a thing or two, even after five dozen playtests. At least that one doesn't break/freeze the game.

      If you mean the windows at the very start, there is a shader tool that lets you color in one quarter of a tile to give a shadow effect. You may notice that walls, when placed, will do this automatically to one side to give the illusion of a light source. Unfortunately, it only covers the floor and wall tiles, so the furniture and characters still look unshaded, pretty much ruining the point if you were trying to do like I did and imply the rooms were in darkness.

      Changing the lighting for the whole screen to simulate night, day, and underground was done using a "Tint Screen" command tied to an event trigger, usually the entrances. I know there are plugins out there that allow for more dynamic lighting effects.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I am trying to make a game based off of PFD's "Sex Powers University". Basically you are another student that is attending the same time that the event of the first book goes down. I did get PFD's permission as long as I give the proper credits.

      The story is the easy part, but how can make a game out of it. I want to make it challenging but can't loose, like in Pokemon, if you lose you just end up back at the poke-center and free to try again.

      I noticed that you disabled the inventory screen, do you know if there is a way to add, remove, and rename those slots like the weapon, head, etc... to something else?

      Delete
    3. Oh. Well, that figures. I was thinking of doing a Metis Academy game/visual novel, but once again, SPU beats me to the punch. (To be fair, it's not like I knew what I was going to do yet. Or had any art assets to lend to the project. Or know how to make a VN yet. >_> )

      What program are you using? RPG Maker? If so then yes, there are options in the system menus that let you disable things, and depending on how you set up battles, you can make it so you don't die if you lose. But I'd rather not turn this comment section into an RPG Maker FAQ, especially since I'm a novice at it anyway. If you need more help, there's an entire community dedicated to working on that program here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/ So please search and ask questions there. I guarantee any question you have has been asked and answered two dozen times on their forums.

      Delete
    4. I would love to see a Metis Academy VN! That would be fantastic, I quite hope that is something we'll see in the future.

      Delete
  5. This was real good, it was an interested choice for a setting/senario, the game was funny, compelling and sexy. Great work Salamando :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't get the game to work on my Mac. Has it been tested on a Mac?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently some Mac users are having trouble. I don't know if it's all Mac users or just some. I'm afraid I don't know how to fix it. Sorry. :(

      Alright, I've heard enough complaints that when I get the time, I'm going to do a Let's Play of some form or another so people can at least see the story. Either a video series, or a script post/summary, or something.

      Delete